Sunday, October 21, 2012

CLEANLINESS VS CLUTTER

Since I spent most of today cleaning house, getting ready for guests, I thought I’d share some thoughts on the subject. Supposedly, purging and organizing your living space will relieve stress. Can’t argue with that, there’s satisfaction in knowing the house smells wonderfully of wax polish and you could eat off the kitchen floor.

If you asked me about my overall housewifery traits, I’d say I’m particular concerning some chores and meh with regards to others—the kitchen and bathrooms are always clean, but clutter and dust bunnies accumulate in other areas.

Then again, do I want to spend the few hours a week that aren’t accounted for cleaning behind the refrigerator? No, I’d rather be riding my friend’s horse along the beach. How many of us will look back and regret that we didn’t spend more time doing chores?

Added to that, they do say excessive cleanliness could be a sign one is heading into obsessive-compulsive territory. I have no worries on that score, LOL.

I’d be interested to know where the rest of you fall on the tidiness scale.


No comments:

Post a Comment